Wednesday, October 3, 2007

Finally online--Live From Chicago

This is my first official posting, since I've come here.

Strange Car this morning. As I was leaving for work this morning, around 6:45am, I noticed something strange. One of the cars parked on my street alongside my building had a potted plant on the trunk, amid broken glass and a big hole in the back windshield. It really did look as if this potted plant had fallen from above and landed on the poor car. I looked up at our 11-story apartment building (which is a restored hotel from the 1930s), but I didn't see any balconys or other signs of plant life. Perhaps someone in their sleep or in a drunken fit through the plant out the window. Or, perhaps I'm being a little too imaginative. Maybe the back window was already broken, and someone temporarily set their plant there. And I am currently parked on that same street now. Hm.

Well, love you all!

1 comment:

Michelle said...

Wow, that's crazy! I'm glad it didn't hit your car!