Sunday, March 29, 2009

TEOSL Convention 2009


I went to Denver this week to the annual TESOL Convention. It was so nice to see a lot of old BYU people I used to work with. So refreshing. I also gave a presentation on using web-based multimedia and applying the underlying concept behind media-sharing websites for various class activities. I met a lot of interesting people at the conference, so that was nice. I didn't see much of Denver though because we had a blizzard the entire time I was there and so I didn't venture very far from the convention center or my hotel.

9 comments:

Amy said...

Wow, Heather! I'd be scared spitless to give a presentation like that. I guess you didn't get to see Beth, either then, huh? I think she was out of town anyway.

Heidi said...

Was it a REAL blizzard, or just what other people who have never experienced an Alberta blizzard would call a blizzard? hahaha.
How professional are you! You look great.

Myrna said...

I'm glad it went well, Heather! Conventioning can be kind of fun, even if there is a blizzard outside.

Heather said...

Heidi- no this was a real blizzard. In my lifetime, I haven't seen a whole lot of nasty winter weather in Alberta, actually. Denver is in the mountains. And actually, I didn't know what snow was until coming out here to the midwest. Wow!

Heather said...

No, I didn't even try to see Beth. I only had two days and it was packed full of the convention stuff anyway... But I thought about you, Beth. Denver looks like a nice place to live.

Bruce Conrad said...

Great to see a shot of you at work, Heather. You look fabulous. Sorry we missed seeing you as we passed through Chicago.

Beth said...

Look how professional you look! Nice job!!

My brother was in town when the storm hit, then we went out of town as soon as it cleared up ... I wouldn't have wanted you driving all the way down from Denver! So no worries; nobody should have been driving in that weather (and we're still 20 miles from the city). But I'm glad you were thinking about me! ;-)

Aquaspce said...

good for you Heather!

Susan said...

Way to go, Heather!! I bet you did a great job. I would have loved to be a fly on the wall!