Thursday, October 18, 2007

Beautiful Skies and Storms

This week has been a rather dramatic one, in terms of the sky. Mom, I know that we both enjoy sky watching. Well, each morning as I drive to work, I always watch the sky. The weather this week has been anything but boring. A lot of rain, but those sunny moments. This morning greeted me quite darkly, with the whole sky blackened with one large mass. However, on the edge was a beautiful, almost lace border. If someone had painted it, they would have needed to use quite an intricate brush.

Well, like most days, I stayed inside all day at work. Driving home in the nice sunshiny afternoon, I was excited to go jogging and get some fresh air. However, suddenly the sky darkened. And I realized that those small navy blue clouds that I saw must have gathered together.

I took this picture out my window before the storm got really bad. Now, it's dark. It's been fun to listen to the thunder and rain pounding on my window. It reminds me of the scripture, "And when the devil shall send forth his might winds, yea, his shafts in the whirlwind, yea, when all his hail and his mighty storm shall beat upon you, it shall have no power over you..."

2 comments:

Michelle and Andy said...

I love sky watching, too! Yesterday I was driving into town, before the storm hit, and I wished I had my camera. It was gorgeous, especially with the sun shining through a hole in the clouds... wow.

Kimmy said...

Love that scripture!! You are a beautiful writer!