Tuesday, October 9, 2007

Streets of Chicago

Today was a normal Tuesday afternoon drive home from work. At each main intersection in Chicago, I am helped across by uniformed Traffic Controllers with whistles and batons. I remember hearing about Traffic Police when I was a kid. They really do have them here along with the traffic lights. And it's helpful- at least you know that you'll be able to safely turn left without hitting anyone.

When I got home, I took a little walk down the street for exercise and to take a picture of Flat Stanley for Alexia. I came across a bearded black man standing on the corner yelling obscenities like you wouldn't believe.

1 comment:

Michelle and Andy said...

Wow, I thought traffic police were just for pedestrians. Well, and for big events at the Marriott Center... I need to take a picture of Flat Stanley, too, thanks for reminding me!